The Missouri State University CELTA Center offers the only 5-week CELTA course in the U.S. This gives our trainees a number of unique advantages, including:
- More time to process what is being learned
- More time to ask questions and interact with tutors and other trainees
- More time with teaching practice students
- 3-day weekends to dedicate to working on assignments
- A less intense pace
Additionally, being located on the Missouri State University campus allows trainees to take advantage of many resources and facilities other programs cannot provide, including a state of the art library, abundant computer labs, and world class fitness center.
The 100% Online CELTA has the same content and hours as the face-to-face CELTA – the only difference is the online structure of the course. You will complete all CELTA requirements from the comfort and safety of your own home. This includes:
- 6 hours of observations of experienced teachers
- 6 hours of assessed teaching practice with LIVE international students
- 4 written assignments
- Daily individualized assisted lesson planning time with your trainer
- Daily input sessions on topics related to teaching the English language
Your certificate will not specify that you completed the course 100% online. You will get the standard CELTA Certificate, certifying that you have completed 120 hours of training. You will also get a certificate in Teaching English Online from Missouri State University.